DUI, or Driving under the Influence, is a grave criminal offense. States like Arizona takes such crimes every seriously, and even first-time offenders can face extreme conviction, which may include extensive fines, a jail term or even community service. The driving license of the offender may be suspended, as well. In case you are dealing with a DUI charge, there are some crucial aspects that you must consider before hiring a DUI lawyer Phoenix.
- Firstly, don’t delay in seeking legal assistance. Look around and ask your friends and colleagues to offer service references in your area. You can also check online to find reliable legal firms in the region.
- Check the basic things before you hire an attorney. A few legal firms offer all sorts of assistance, and you can get both DUI and accident lawyers in Phoenix from the same service. However, DUI is a unique branch of law, and you need an attorney, who has vast experience in the field.
- Understand your situation. If you are at fault, a conviction is probably on the cards. However, with a lawyer, you can surely reduce the extent of the consequences to a certain degree. The attorney can also help you in getting a trial by the jury, as well, which is an aspect worth considering. Weigh your options with your legal team before making the next move.
- Discuss the possible costs. Legal services are usually expensive. If you are hiring an attorney, you need to know the fees and other expenses, if any. In case a fine is imposed, it is best to be prepared for possible financial hassles ahead.
- Be careful. Avoid taking to the insurance company before you have a lawyer with you. Also, don’t sign any papers or other documents, unless you are sure of the implications. Your lawyer should be with you at each step for assisting with these aspects.
Don’t wait for hiring a legal firm for your case!